Biggest Accomplishment

... Even if it took forever!!!!

I did it. I think I may have died and been reincarnated in the way but I did it. I successfully defended my thesis in architecture and received commendations to boot.

It was so hard being so ill and tired, with all my conditions and my first pregnancy kicking my butt. I finished much later than I wanted to and had no hope of squeezing in a miraculous 4 months of work, after 7 or 8 years of not working, to secure a maternity leave but I did my best.

Go me! Tooting my own horn.

Thanks to my parents, my friend and part time editor Christina and my boyfriend John. So huge and so happy that it's over.

It really hasn't hit me yet. Sometimes out of the blue I think of it and bawl my eyes out (part pregnancy hormones) but it was just so hard.

I defended on December 15, 2015 and was accepted departmentally but you then have to submit to the university and be approved by them. Right before Christmas they declined my thesis but just said I needed to make some extremely minor formatting changes that weren't my fault. Unfortunately for me my computer and file decided to go haywire so it took quite a few days for something that should of taken 15 minutes ... Water under the bridge. Who cares! It's done. So when the university staff returned in Monday January 4, 2016, I received an email in the am saying ta-da, you're accepted (without the actual inclusion of ta-da of course).

Any other spoonies out there starting school? Dreaming of going to school? Freaking of returning to school? Are you just finishing up school? Let me know what you're up to. I feel like I've gained a life back again even if it's only a piece of paper in the end. Life has since piled up and I have so much to catch up on but it feels so so so good.

Quitting university the years ago was probably the hardest and one of the lowest times of my life, I'm so glad I persisted and made this happen. This is what I can do, even if it takes 4 times as much and I will be in debt forever. It's worth it!!!

Wahoo!

I'm a MASTER ... of architecture. Bam.

PS. Weirdest thought I will have a baby with me at my graduation ceremony in June. Wth!!! So crazy.

Comments

  1. Remember to throw the mortar board and not the babe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I even threw a hat??? My memory is foggy of that whole time frame. I still often forget that I graduated

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts