A New Focus, A New Start and a Muskoka Weekend

I have decided today to focus on myself and my life a bit more. One of those better to yourself = better life and better to others. I have been pushing myself a lot lately. I just had a beautiful weekend in Muskoka at a friend's cottage for another mutual friend's wedding.

The Cottage Pet Chipmunk


I did way more than I should of ... I danced my heart out, ate and drank waaaay too much alcohol, not enough gatorade, along with a super full day (for someone with POTS + paid the price along), I went on a tube in the water, got too much sun (with sunscreen though), was outside when it was too cold (got the shakes), I didn't lay down too much, didn't sleep much and I had more fun than I have in ages. I felt a little bit like my old non-stop run around self, especially on the tube. [I used to be a dare devil of minor sorts]. I had struggles this weekend and still find myself understood and continually explaining my condition (boring). I want to be me again, even if it's just briefly here and there. I wish that I had a heart rate, blood pressure, adrenaline, b12 monitor above my head at all times. I feel that maybe then someone can see in some way what is going on inside of me, when I don't show it on the outside. I am so tired after this weekend, I uncontrollably fell asleep most of the 6 hours back home. I am going to be one tired lady but I'm going to keep barrelling on through the pain, in hopes that I will give myself enough strength physically to not get any worse. I never want to be permanently bed bound. I also find I am forceable less bed bound than I used to be. It's a start.


On the Boat, Hair Flying

This Was My Dinner

View From Our Table - Taboo Resort, Muskoka

John and I All Dressed Up



Every time I see my friends or dive into the outside world, I find myself jealous. I want to be okay. I want to be able to pay for things. I want to go out. I want to have fun. I want to fix this house. I want to be able to save money. I want to go on vacation. I want a JOB. I want a couple best friends. I want to dance. I want to cook. I want to be able to shower again. I want to one day get married. I want kids. I want someone to love me for who I really am and I want to feel special. I'm fighting to see if I can have any of this with POTS.

I am willing to try anything for some happiness, stability and some stress relief.

I want to try working on me, instead of focusing just on what has to be done. I know I don't have much energy and I take a million times longer to do most things than others but I'm up for the challenge.

Step One ... I need to be able to live in this house, realistically one day and move all of my things here and do that whole unpacking thing. So I am going to start a blog of the slow progress, scarily share it with others, in hopes that they won't judge the squaller in which I live and hope to have an outlet for my architectural design and knowledge.

Time to focus a little more on what I can do with this brain and body that I still have.

So tonight I will start this page and hopefully I can do it alongside my POTS blog.


Last Sunset in the Muskokas for the Long Weekend


For all those POTsies out there, and POTsies' families ... what are you doing to help yourself get by mentally and physically?


Comments

Popular Posts