New year, New Strange Resolutions

Happy 2015. I don't think since I've become disabling chronically ill, I have actual made a new years resolution. When you are ill your life is very different from what or used to be and life seems very different. What was once important now seems banal. My bf and I have decided to follow a new weekly routine to make life easier with the essentials. It's a simple hour each Monday to Friday where we work on something. If we have something else that night or there's an emergency we have decided to double up another night, have a shorter session or move it to the weekend or next week. Being chronically ill for me means things fall to the wayside; laundry, dishes, showering and even fun have difficulty fitting into my life. I need to realize imperfection is my new reality but that I can still feel good each day doing something that makes me feel like I'm moving forward and doing something.

New Year's Eve at my sisters. Recovery from festivities took a few days. I had very little to drink.

Smiles, it's NYE. Helllllo 2015

Goodbye 2014.

I have a million other lists but doing all this with someone else makes it easier.

Monday - cooking for the week
Tuesday - cleaning/ organizing/ unpacking/ sorting etc.
Wednesday - relationship talk and finances
Thursday - date night
Friday - renovation/demo on the house + "beer night" (talk about how the week went and John's business over a drink)

It's simple but nice and I hope it works out well. So far it feels so good to just do something ... we are just into our first official full week of it. Fingers crossed.

As for personally, I am looking to try and put myself first. I need to finish my thesis and then I need to concentrate on my health again. I'm slacking at doing the full time job of taking care of myself. I'm going to plug away at just slowly implementing good habits while I finish my thesis like having a banana each day,  making sure I don't miss pills, trying to get three meals in each day, trying to get up shower/bathe (a decent amount of times each week), get dressed and brush my teeth each day, brush my teeth at night and use the water pick flosser, stretch, make more shakes and have more fluids. Eventually I will need a health routine and more exercise beyond household work but I'm giving myself the  opportunity to breathe and not be ok at times. I also need to book in a lot of medical appointments for the future. I'm behind.

Lastly of course, I am so excited to continue my gardening inside and especially outside. Can't wait for this spring and the new things I will grow. Ya, for getting outside.
Forcing bulbs indoors this winter. Must try tulips next. So exciting.
Forcing bulbs indoors. First time ever. So exciting. Hyacinth.

Forcing bulbs indoors this winter. Amaryllis.

I hope your 2015 will be a great year. What are your plans, goals, resolutions etc?

Comments

Popular Posts