Getting Out and Having Fun.

Today I feel better. Yesterday, although I was at a doctor's appointment in KW and was stuck in traffic forever in the snow last night, to pick up my bf, I felt good. I felt so much less stressed. I realize, I just need to get out. Being at home by yourself on average 5 days a week in a row or sometimes for almost 2 weeks is just not okay. I don't even walk the dog anymore. It has probably been about a year that this has been going on. The year before that I was told to rest as they thought I had post concussion syndrome but I didn't listen as well as I should of. It's just insanity for someone who is very social to just rest and to not leave the house. I know quite often I can't move out of bed or lift off the couch once I've made it there but I have to do something. I think I need to get out or have someone come see me at least once a week and have it not be a "chore." By that I mean not having the visit or trip be something I have to do, something I have to help out with or some sort of obligation. I just need some good old fashioned socializing, relaxing and fun. I know this sounds simple and kind of "duh" but for me it isn't. It is hard. I honestly have so much to do and everything takes so long. I have baskets of laundry that needs to be put away that has been sitting there for a long time. I look at it and am so proud I was able to do my laundry finally but so upset at the mess and that I haven't been able to put it away. I have this crazy long to do list and it makes me feel like I have no time for anything but I think for myself I have to find time to just live and just be. I just feel I have pressure to figure so much out to survive in life right now but I'm trying to get better at putting myself first and taking care of me first, which is extremely hard for me to do.

So who wants to come visit or go out during the day to do something short and simple? I'm starting the once a week visits .... now. Well maybe tomorrow. It's a touch snowy out there. :D
Snow outside our house. There is a hot tub under there.

Comments

Popular Posts