Overwhelmed

When you have a disorder that effects your heart rate and blood pressure alongside having asthma and your body produces too much adrenaline, stress can be detrimental and life always overwhelming.

As a disabled person, I can only do so many things in a day. For those that have their health in good order they may not understand, that this includes, getting up, eating, cooking, dressing myself and showering. At times, one or two of these such things are all I can do in a day.

I'm tired. Most of all I'm overwhelmed. There's so much on my plate between trying to help my bf with his business, trying to sort out, put away and organize my house while renovating it (it needs everything redone) trying to finish my thesis, regular everyday life stuff and trying to make life enjoyable.

A potsy, spoonie, only has so many spoons. Meaning you can only do so many things before your body tells you off. (see links below and even try out the demonstration).
http://thespoontheory.tumblr.com/post/44757754831/faq
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Because I have an illness and it makes sense that I can't do everything doesn't make this feeling any better, it makes it worse. I have so much on my plate. I'm doing well at fighting and keeping afloat with my feelings but it is a fight. 

I keep getting the Taylor Swift "Shake it off" in my head. It's cheesy but true. Thanks Taylor.

Going to jump on my recumbent bike and try for 10 minutes. Let's hope I can fight through school and these big to do lists. Anyone want to lend me a contractor and an assistant for a week, or two or a month ... a year??? Lol. No?  I'm not good at letting anyone help me anyways. Just a little too independent and stubborn. 

Biking time ... I hope it means my heart rate shoots up enough to keep me warm. Darn non-insulated, old crevice filled house. Can't wait for the future comfort of those renovations.

Hope you can put aside the stress and keep pushing through with vigour and hopefully some good ol' fashioned joy here and there. 

Comments

Popular Posts