The Holidays, Disability and Getting by!



Picture from this morning, well it's a few minutes to noon. I always look like crap in the ams. I retook this photo a few times as the previous ones were even too scary for the public to see. I could take a photo until I look decent but I really wouldn't be doing the disorders justice. You don't look great, period. I will have to post a scary photo one day to show how bad it gets. Today I'm not at my worst so I'll save that for another day. On the bike as we speak ...

Today I had to unearthen my bike and my computer in the back room as we had brought another load of items in the back door and it was just left there. I tripped over everything trying to move it around. There's so much to go through and sort and no place to put it all. I also just can't lift things well anymore. I used to be of superwoman strength but I'm not anymore. Lifting above the heart is just too much. It's been 6 months since we actually moved and it's still a disaster. 

Christmas has come and gone. I feel like the recovery is starting to end. It's been 4 days and I'm starting to feel "normal" again. I love Christmas and wish I could do and enjoy more. This year our tree only got half decorated. We were a mess of busy and unprepared with John having to work almost 7 days a week up until the 22nd. Then of course he crashed. We stayed over at my dad's farm into Boxing Day but I had to go lay back down after getting up in the am eventually and ended up having one of my "coma" afternoons where my body takes over and I sleep forever with no control of it. When I was able to force myself up, everyone had headed home and even my dad and his wife were headed off to another engagement. Booo! At least I tried.

We have no plans for New Years. I used to be an at every event kind of girl but this year we have no invites and I don't foresee us doing anything which is sad to me. I want to dance my booty off and ring in the new year in another country but we shall have to come up with a plan to make the most of it.

On the positive side of the holidays. I got to see my family and I pushed through Christmas Day. Most of all this is the first Christmas in three years that my dad has been home and we weren't celebrating Christmas at the hospital with him. Amazing. Also my bf got me an amazing kitchen aid mixer so I won't die standing baking, like I did on Christmas Eve. I love it. Plus there's added benefits of treats for him. Lol! You know you're old when you are ecstatic about getting kitchen gadgets for Christmas. :) 

Well our first holiday at the new house has come and gone. I have next to no photos of it because I was too busy trying to spend time with the kids and the family, while trying to hold it together. I love photos so I'm super bummed about that but I'm so happy that I got time with my family. 

Ps My banana blondies with brown sugar icing were a hit! Yum! I'm going to make more today or tomorrow with my new mixer. Today might be more concentrated on a mound of paperwork to send to odsp (disability) and getting back to my dreaded thesis. (Sigh). I will finish that sucker, one day!

Pps Odsp (disability) requires a lot of filling out paperwork and a lot of stamps (which are now way more expensive in Canada). It's a part time job sometimes which seems like it defeats the point of it when you aren't medically able to work. Too bad they didn't have better systems in place like online forms you fill out every month instead of mail in and online travel medical receipt drop boxes. A few clicks would be much easier then filling out all these forms and going to a post office on a regular basis. I'm sure someone on odsp would take on the job of creating such a site if they could do so on their better days. Well better start into the pile of my many travel medical appointments now that I know who to send it to.

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Merry Kwanzaa! Happy holidays! Have a fantastic New Year!
Loves to all but especially my spoonies out there. Tell me how your Christmas went or didn't go!

Comments

Popular Posts